Rodney Burton, PhD
Plant Research Laboratory, Michigan State University-DOE
Kerfeld Lab East
PhD, Biochemistry, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, 2015
BSc, Biochemistry, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, 2004
MSU-DOE Plant Research Laboratory
Michigan State University
612 Wilson Road, Room 222
East Lansing, MI
- Crofts AR, Hong S, Wilson C, Burton R, Victoria D, Harrison C, Schulten K. The mechanism of ubihydroquinone oxidation at the Q(o)-site of the cytochrome bc(1)complex. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2013 Feb 8.
- Victoria D, Burton R, Crofts AR. Role of the -PEWY-glutamate in catalysis at the Q(o)-site of the Cyt bc(1) complex. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2013 Mar;1827(3):365-86.
- Burton RL, Chen S, Xu XL, Grant GA. Role of the anion-binding site in catalysis and regulation of Mycobacterium tuberculosis D-3-phosphoglycerate dehydrogenase. Biochemistry. 2009 Jun 9;48(22):4808-15.
- Burton RL, Hanes JW, Grant GA. A stopped flow transient kinetic analysis of substrate binding and catalysis in Escherichia coli D-3-phosphoglycerate dehydrogenase. J Biol Chem. 2008 Oct 31;283(44):29706-14. Epub 2008 Sep 6.
- Dey S, Burton RL, Grant GA, Sacchettini JC. Structural analysis of substrate and effector binding in Mycobacterium tuberculosis D-3-phosphoglycerate dehydrogenase. Biochemistry. 2008 Aug 12;47(32):8271-82. Epub 2008 Jul 16.
- Burton RL, Chen S, Xu XL, Grant GA. A novel mechanism for substrate inhibition in Mycobacterium tuberculosis D-3-phosphoglycerate dehydrogenase. J Biol Chem. 2007 Oct 26;282(43):31517-24. Epub 2007 Aug 30.
- Burton RL, Chen S, Xu XL, Grant GA. Transient kinetic analysis of the interaction of L-serine with Escherichia coli D-3-phosphoglycerate dehydrogenase reveals the mechanism of V-type regulation and the order of effector binding. Biochemistry. 2009 Dec 29;48(51):12242-51